* Services provided to individuals unable to care for themselves
* Provided on a short-term basis because of the absence or need for relief of those persons normally providing relief
* Designed to ensure the health, safety and welfare of an individual
*Assist the individual in the acquisition, improvement and retention of skills necessary for the individual to live successfully in his or her own home
* Services may be provided in the home and out in the community
* Services outside the individual’s home that support learning and assistance in any of the following areas:
Participant Assistance and Care
* Services to support and enable the participant to remain and live successfully in their own homes and participate in their communities.
* Includes assistance with activities of daily living, self-care, mobility and supervision.